Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my car has been idling like crap. Went to change the oil today and after starting her up the idle was not smooth. It sounded so slow and weak. It sure wasn't silky smooth. Today it just popped a code 44 so I'm going to change the o2 sensor first. I already cleaned the IAC and tb. IAC counts are good(29 at park) and tps is good. Could a bad o2 sensor cause uneven idle? Could it cause an off idle stumble too? Don't think the car has vacuum leaks. What else should I check?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
It could, also bad plug, bad plug wire, dirty injector, vacuum leak, misadjusted crank sensor, bad maf, etc......

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wouldn't think an o2 would affect your idle since it shouldn't be in closed loop yet. My guesses are maf, and basically any of the spark hardware all the way from plugs to wires to coilpack to module, etc. Possibly a giant vacuum leak somewhere but that should throw your IACs off anyway.

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
jastrckl:
I wouldn't think an o2 would affect your idle since it shouldn't be in closed loop yet. My guesses are maf, and basically any of the spark hardware all the way from plugs to wires to coilpack to module, etc. Possibly a giant vacuum leak somewhere but that should throw your IACs off anyway.
Well, actually there are only a small handful of chips (couple) that are open loop idle. Once up to the closed loop threshold temp. virtually all but the above mentioned few go into closed loop at idle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.