Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically thats what is happening to me, sometimes i can barely keep the car running if i feather the gas. i put a new crank sensor, fuel pump and fuel filter, ign module and coil pack on thus far. I have also tried swapping ECM's and chips. I have adjusted my cam sensor, and when i looked at it, ring was tight, and cap was not broke. any way that it may still be bad? Tps. is reading .40 when key in on position.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Could try and unplug your MAF and see if it starts and idles fine then.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Try swapping mafs with someone. Those things can cause all sorts of weird stuff!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Any diagnostic codes? Fuel pressure good? Vacuum leak?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fuel pressure is good, i have tried spraying car cleaner into the TB while having a friend crank it, still same thing. no vacuum leaks from what i checked, there was a "T" in the line under the EGR that i plugged, but either with it plugged or with out, still no change.

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
yes the cam sensor can still be bad. I had a knock problem in my TTA that I couldn't get rid of until I tried a new cam sensor cap. Why did you replace the crank sensor? Possible one of the tabs on the interupter ring contacted it after setting the clearance? Did you install it in the right groove? (I used to remember which it was till I got old...)
Last but not least (since I always get a couple wrong) recheck your plugwires & see if they're on right.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
plugs are on right, i double checked that. i replaced the crank sensor cause i wasn't getting no spark. now i have spark and injector pulse, before i wasn't getting a signal from the crank sensor, thats why i replaced it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Don't you want to be spraying STARTER fluid down the throttle body as opposed to Carb CLEANER???
I've generally found the car harder to start when I've used it to clean, until it flushes itself out of the system. Watch out if you use TOO much starter fluid as it'll flash (fire hazard). eek!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts