Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing an intermittent crank sensor. I had trouble removing the old one due to corrosion on the post. The sensor element was loose in the holder which caused the engine to quit with a loud backfire and a belch of white smoke (did it twice). It would then crank and try and fire but it ended up on the end of a tow truck.

My question, the sensor has two slots, which one is used? The answer may be obvious once I try to install the new one.

Also, I assume I don't have to pull the crank damper/pulley to properly install the new sensor as I did some damage to the old one when I pried it loose. Correct?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
It took me a while to figure that out. working on it 15 minutes a day before work in the dirt parking lot of my brother's bodyshop to try to get the crank sensor and bracket back in as an assy.
You only need to slide the crank sensor out of the bracket and slide a new 1 in.
My Crank sensor was so loose that the sensor and the reluctor hit 1 another.
Needless to say. There are alot of magnet pieces on the bottom of that car.

Don't quote me 100% on this. But I think the reluctor fits between the 2 spots towards the connection end of the crank sensor.
Like I said.
Don't quote me on it.
HTH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.