Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to fire this engine next Saturday....hoping. Here are my questions:
-I have my old 36# injectors and Jim Testa street chip. I also have my new Moto 60/65's and TT chip. Is there any wisdom to using the 36'ers to begin with, then swap out to the 60/65's once everything is running right?

-Next question. I will be using my worn out stock valve springs for cam break in. Can I leave the springs in for a bit? Like a month or two? Would anyone here be able to help me swap the springs down the road at some point (read: Aaron has no clue and doesn't want to #@*% his sh!t up)?

I know I have more questions, but I'm having a brain fart....I'll just start with these for now. Thanks in advance for any answers. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
use whatever injectors you plan on using permanently. there wouldnt really be a reason to use lower pound injectors for break in.

if your gonna leave the old springs in for the cam break in, use them untill you have time. as long as they arent broken, damaged, or weak to the point where they just dont function anymore- use them :D

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured. I'll still need to farm out the spring swap though...

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
I'd run whatever injector you want. If it were me, I'd just put in the larger ones and be done with it.

Regarding the valve springs...
How worn out are the old ones? How do you plan to drive the car over the next month? If they are real worn and you are hard on the car you'll float the valves.

The springs aren't hard to replace. For an average guy I'd say to expect to do them in 2-3hrs if you have a helper and using the "rope method" (putting rope into the cylinders), or take an hour off if you use compressed air.

Good luck,
-Banning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts