Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pics or someone currently running this FMIC please post their opinon. TIA.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks in advance.

------------------
Best ET= [email protected] 1.60 60', TE44,3200 stall, 009's, Pete Tomka Cold Air kit. CPT65, ATR 3" DP w/Racegate, Cottons FMIC on the way!
Central FL GN and T-Type club.
Embry-Riddle Muscle Car
assoc.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
To be honest,it's basically the same size as a V-1.It uses a Spearco core and cast end tanks.The piping is all mandrel bent and fits well.That puppy should be good enough for high to mid 8's if you want.Yes I have seen one,up close and personal on Jack's car.He came out with it after I bought my V-1 from him.Should I shoot him?I'm thinking about it.

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Come to think of it,someone posted pic's of it in the lounge[other board],under the heading of "pics of Cotton's new F/M I/C",or something like that.

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
On the other hand, it is probably overkill until you reach the high tens ( and only be more effective than a V2 in the nines), may contribute to compressor surge in part throttle driving, and will definitely contribute to overheating if you plan to drive your car with the ac on in traffic in Florida.

Been there, done that...........

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which lounge???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just, wanting to let you know that I have one of Jacks FM on my car, looks great and the fit is easy as far as temps go the car runs 170-175 in 95 deg weather with the air on, but I also have a 4 core with dual spal fans,one thing that I noticed is that the end tanks are out or the way or the of the grill area. The FM is a nice addition to my car. hope this helps. Jr.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have any pics of the intercooler???
If not I'll just wait till' monday. Thx. John.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by Wht87T:
Do you have any pics of the intercooler???
If not I'll just wait till' monday. Thx. John.
John, I don't, sorry Jr.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks in advance.

Hey John, not to get off of the subject but I see that you have a ATR 3" dp for your set-up how do you like the external waste gate.

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
He doesnt have it yet, were going to put it on this week, I'm sure he'll update everyone on his progress.

Joe

------------------
1986 Grand National
TA-49, 009's, Hooker cat back, and all the other usual stuff

[This message has been edited by Grannynational (edited January 05, 2002).]

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/pictureguides/downpipes/ATRDP2.html

Check it out! If you wanna look at the racegate go to the turbonetics website. Also, the gnttype.org car of the month has a similiar setup take a look at the engine bay pics. John.
Hey John looked at the page but I called ATR friday and told them what I was going to do,they stated that I need to send them the wastegate so that they can properly fit it to the DP, is this what you had to do or what. Jr.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cotton never mentioned anything like that. He told me that he was gonna port the wastegate hole on the turbo for the downpipe. I'm sure Cotton knows about it and I would hope that he wouldent send me something that dosent fit. But I'm still waitin on the downpipe and racegate anyways. He didnt have any. John.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Originally posted by JRGN:
Hey John looked at the page but I called ATR friday and told them what I was going to do,they stated that I need to send them the wastegate so that they can properly fit it to the DP, is this what you had to do or what. Jr.
JR is correct. ATR sells their downpipes with flanges for their wastegate on them. If you want another wastegate, you have to send it to them WITH flanges. For my customers, I have found that it saves a lot of time if I cut and reweld the flanges myself. That way everything lines up perfect in the car.

------------------

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jack told me that he has ATR make special flanges for the racegate. He then intalls the racegate on the downpipe and sends it to the customer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts