Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a coolant leak, but it's not all the time and it doesn't matter how far I drive or how hot the engine gets. Sometimes it's worse after I've used my a/c, I can't see the anything topside, but when I get under the car it's like it's coming off the axle. :dunno: It's not coming from the radiatior or hose :dunno:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a problem similar to this. Try checking your coolant rail on the passanger side of the intake. GM put the seam on the bottom and when it leaks, it goes down the back of the block. I thought it was a freeze plug until my mechanic saw the problem.

·
Addicted to BOOST
810 Posts
Is it when you select "MAX A/C"? If so I'd check for water cut off valve in the heater hose, possible leaking when it closes.

It's not just the water leaking from the A/C evaporator? Every time I pull into our weekly cruise spot with the A/C cranked I get about 6-8 people running over to tell me I have a coolant leak cause of the water pouring out of the evaporator drain. On a hot humid day it will leave a substancial puddle in a very short order.

This is very normal to have water come out of the A/C, that's how it works. The evaporator gets cold and the humidity sticks the the cold evaporator then drips off and out the drain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.