Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting one of Cottons "Street Brawler" 3000 stall converters to go with the PT-54 turbo I am getting. Is this enough converter for a primarily street driven daily driver car? I would rather save quite a bit of money than getting a vigilante. I am looking for some opinions on this matter? Any of you run the PT-54 Turbo?

------------------
Justin 87 GN
Walboro 307, hooker duals w/test pipe, mini mag chip, 9" K&N, adj fpr, adj wastegate, free mods, soft shoes, s-10 cyls, line lock, 979 valve springs, air bags, pinion snubber
times coming soon!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Justin,
A PT-54 is a huge turbo. I think you are going to have to get a 3500 stall to wake that car up off the line, otherwise you'll be in lag city. I have a TE-60, which is considerably smaller than a PT54, with a 3200 stall 9" converter and its a great street setup. I would at least get a 3200 stall, but if you're spending the money for a 9"already, and you obviously want big performance since you bought a PT54, i would cut to the chase and get a 3500 stall converter. You'll either spend the money on it now, or buy a 3000 stall, get p*ssed 'cus your car won't spool, rip everything back apart again, and put in a higher stall. Just spend the money once and do it right, IMO.

Just my .02, Good Luck!

Gino Rinaldi
Brookfield, Wisconsin Buick GSCA # 1583
87 GN 49k miles, [email protected] 26psi NEW BEST!
87 GN 99k miles, Super Clean Bone Stock Daily Driver *FOR SALE*
[email protected] http://www.pce-online.com/buick

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Gino. My gut has always told em I should go with the 9.5" Vigilante which is probably what I will suck up and go for. I havent bought the turbo yet, probably by Christmas. Anyone else have any comments on this turbo?

------------------
Justin 87 GN
Walboro 307, hooker duals w/test pipe, mini mag chip, 9" K&N, adj fpr, adj wastegate, free mods, soft shoes, s-10 cyls, line lock, 979 valve springs, air bags, pinion snubber, B&M Tranny cooler

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
ttt

------------------

Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block, Turbomotion ported heads, PTE 210 roller cam, GNT ported intake, PTE Plenum, 70mm TB, PTE FM IC, MSD 50's, TE61, TPS-TEC, JT Chip, JT 200R4, Vigilante 2800 LU convertor, JT Boxed lower arms, working on girlde....

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Jim,
As your Co-Sponsor in Bristol I really feel I have to comment on a few things in your last post. First off I like the Turbo Buick Artwork with your name under it, only thing is we have to get an ET & MPH to put under it which we will next year.
Secondly and most disconcerning of all is your spelling of Girdle, my god man no wonder RCA/JT Perfomance haven't been moving much product lately we had girdle spelled wrong in all our ads.....jeez.
Thirdly when you say in your signature "working on girdle"(sp) please clarify is that for the car or you??? And in your reply could you not make it so technical as I'm sure you do not want to confuse anyone. Then again you don't have to qualify your sources before you post on this BB.
Regards,
Rich from Rich's Auto in New Jersey
[email protected]

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Originally posted by Buicksx2:
Jim,
As your Co-Sponsor in Bristol I really feel I have to comment on a few things in your last post. First off I like the Turbo Buick Artwork with your name under it, only thing is we have to get an ET & MPH to put under it which we will next year.
Secondly and most disconcerning of all is your spelling of Girdle, my god man no wonder RCA/JT Perfomance haven't been moving much product lately we had girdle spelled wrong in all our ads.....jeez.
Thirdly when you say in your signature "working on girdle"(sp) please clarify is that for the car or you??? And in your reply could you not make it so technical as I'm sure you do not want to confuse anyone. Then again you don't have to qualify your sources before you post on this BB.
Regards,
Rich from Rich's Auto in New Jersey
[email protected]
Maybe I should considder buying a dickshunary instead of a girlde?

------------------

Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block, Turbomotion ported heads, PTE 210 roller cam, GNT ported intake, PTE Plenum, 70mm TB, PTE FM IC, MSD 50's, TE61, TPS-TEC, JT Chip, JT 200R4, Vigilante 2800 LU convertor, JT Boxed lower arms, working on girlde....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts