Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
dismember
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a proper setup for my combo and of course would like to save a couple of bucks if possible. With that said, my car does not see any track time and is strictly a weekend warrior. I want a very tight street fighter and am not concerned with vibration/ride quality all that much. Are the boxed type much more superior/rigid than tubulars? Will tubulars be adequate on my combo? I do plan on adding a 1" sway bar, Bilsteins and stickier tires in the future. Should I go with the cheaper tubular CAs from UMI such as this set:

http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/it...16B~eq~~Tp~.htm

or should I go with the boxed type from H&R:

http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/it...902~eq~~Tp~.htm

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
87geeinn said:
I'm looking for a proper setup for my combo and of course would like to save a couple of bucks if possible.
That can often mean doing things twice, and spending more then doing it right the first time.

Both links are dead, so I don't know if you were talking about rear links, or A-Arms.

·
dismember
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Links work when I first posted. :dunno: Basically should I go with the tubular upper and lower control arms from UMI or the more expensive boxed type from H&R for a strictly street setup? Both have poly bushings.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Melissa has used the UMI's along with an ATR rear sway bar .. Worked awesome for her .. Street car .. runs mid 11s :yup: :sw:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm running the adjustable upper and solid lower UMI's. They work great my 60ft dropped from 1.834 to 1.681. I have the pinion angle at the stock setting for now. Ride is still the same from what I can tell. I didn't use the poly bushings in the upper axle housing. I just kept the 20 year old stock ones in

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
either will work perfectly fine. I prefer to keep the stock bushings in the differential ears to minimize bind.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
old age comment :sw: ... IF you don't value your time Box your own and put in new bushing's :eek!: :yup: :D I did that once ... NEVER again for me :rant:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I guess when you get old...that hour of time spent boxing and bushing could be used for something better.... :D

·
www.MetcoMotorsports.com
297 Posts
The Metco billet arms are definitely the strongest and by far the most nicely made. I'd suggest checking with Brian at G Body Parts for a good deal the uppers and lowers. The uppers are adjustable but are pre-set to the factory length so no measuring is necessary prior to installation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.