Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats a good local place to get control arm bushings done for a fair price? Our how hard would the job be with just me and my dad and no lift.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
control arms

I've got a nice set of stock control arms that have new moog problem solver bushings installed + new ball joints (both upper & lower). They've got a fresh coat of satin black spray paint on em. I bought these from Scott @ GNS Performance. These were only on his car very briefly before he removed them to install his DSL control arms.

My plans have changed & I"m not going to be using these.
They are for sale if you're interested, for much less than it will cost you for parts & labour to re & re your existing control arms with bushings & ball joints.

I'm was planning on bringing them to Chris Borsons' Moving Sale this Saturday.

LMK if you're interested. :dunno:

thanks,
:cheers:
dave

·
Registered
415 Posts
YG, are you talking about just the front control arms, or the rear as well? If you're talking about doing the fronts, then Dave's offer would probably be a good way to go. Even so, trying to do a job like that in your driveway might be a bit more than you should try. you're looking at tearing down the whole front suspension, including releasing the front springs, which can be dangerous without the proper equipment. If you're not sure of what you're doing, then you might want to find someone with the right equipment and experience to do it for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I'll have to check them out this Saturday! Thanks. Btw is everyone bringing there car to the meet or nah??

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
control Arm bushings

Yea I'll have to check them out this Saturday! Thanks. Btw is everyone bringing there car to the meet or nah??
I''m waiting till I see the weather forecast.
If it's clear & sunny.....looks like I will.
However if there's rain forecast....forget about it!

See you there.
:cheers:
dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts