Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats on winning TSM this weekend. How was the turnout? Just out of curiousity how much different did your car weight, compaired to the scales at Beech Bend?? Are you going to Indy? Once again congrats on the win!!
Don

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
saweeeeeet congrats billy :headbang:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Congrats on the win Billy.. That car is a BEAST..

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Here here. :cheers:

·
Got it figured out?
876 Posts
Congrats on the win Bill. Car ran very consistant all day.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Thanks for the kind words guys. The event turnout was very good despite the weather, I believe there were 10 cars in TSM. I raced Kevin Broadwater the first round,then Phil McGloin followed by a BYE run then Sully in the finals.The best I can figure on the weight after seeing my car on the scales and talikng to others, the scales in BG were reading approx. 100# light.The fastest I went all weekend was a 9.64 at 141 and that was on the Fri. night test and tune.Norwalk is a VERY nice track (probably one of the best I have been to) with excellent food,traction and atmosphere.

·
Registered
732 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
Thanks for the kind words guys. The event turnout was very good despite the weather, I believe there were 10 cars in TSM. I raced Kevin Broadwater the first round,then Phil McGloin followed by a BYE run then Sully in the finals.The best I can figure on the weight after seeing my car on the scales and talikng to others, the scales in BG were reading approx. 100# light.The fastest I went all weekend was a 9.64 at 141 and that was on the Fri. night test and tune.Norwalk is a VERY nice track (probably one of the best I have been to) with excellent food,traction and atmosphere.
Congrats.

After you get some time with your 209in motor, I have a couple of questions.

Again, congratulations.

·
Wheels Up!
712 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
I had to let him win that final so he wouldn't be posting about runner-up money :D :D

Good Job Bud! I'll be "keeping my eye on you at Indy" :yup:

Sully :3gears:

·
Wheels Up!
712 Posts
Otto J said:
Nice job to you too Sully
Thx.. Car ran pretty good. It staged and spooled great and with all the rain I didn't get enough tuning passes in to turn it up. Plus I am sorting out some suspension issues. My 60's were off but I was gettting closer with it. The Turbonetics BB turbo rocked. I was on the staging rev limiter every elim pass before the lights came on.

The car should pick up by Indy :D

Good news is the car miraculously gained 100 pounds all by itself between BG and Norwalk so I was able to take the bag of concrete out of the wheel well. Bag of sand too :D

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Congrats Bill on a job well done, still amazing when you think that car was built in 6 days.

Congrats Sully on your efforts as well, it was nice to meet you and your Dad and look forward to seeing you at Indy.

Bill is a racer, no if's and's or but's..........any guy who can bring a car into the pre stage at about 3,000 rpms, spool it up and while doing that just blip the transbrake real quick to continue the spool and stage the car and not jump the lights is my hero.

Ya gotta teach me that trick Bill, I just don't have the guts to try that in a final.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
V6 Beast said:
I had to let him win that final so he wouldn't be posting about runner-up money :D :D

Good Job Bud! I'll be "keeping my eye on you at Indy" :yup:

Sully :3gears:

You better bring it to INDY! I'm tired of going slow, time for us to step it up!
Good jop on making it to finals I wanted to run against you as bad as I did against Jim Rome! good times :cheers: :cheers:

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
>>> Must be a pricey move you wish not to share.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
wmsonta said:
Congrats.

After you get some time with your 209in motor, I have a couple of questions.

Again, congratulations.
Fire away, I'll tell you what I can. :D

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Buicksx2 said:
Bill is a racer, no if's and's or but's..........any guy who can bring a car into the pre stage at about 3,000 rpms, spool it up and while doing that just blip the transbrake real quick to continue the spool and stage the car and not jump the lights is my hero.

Ya gotta teach me that trick Bill, I just don't have the guts to try that in a final.

I understand that practice makes perfect!

(and imperfect practice brings Bill a lot of business)

Don't you have a cul de sac in front of your house where you can practice? Or maybe go down to the WAWA and get some of the real racers to teach you? After all, I bet you are going to have a new Sticky showing your car taking the trophy! :usa:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts