Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got some grill for the doors of my car for the concert speakers, I just have to have the color of the carpet coverings changed to burgandy. My question is , do all cars come with the wire hook ups for these door speakers, or only cars from the factory that had this option. Fortunate for me I had a donor car for the eq stereo, door grills & speakers.now I'll have to cut holes in my bottom panels for the speakers. and last do the door speakers mount to the door & if so by bolts?? Thanks frank

·
Registered
659 Posts
The 5.25 concert sound door speakers mount inside a square plastic bracket which is secured by 4 long sheet metal screws which hold to the outer (metal) part of the door. They don't hold or secure at the door skin part. I just recently swapped out my stockers for some low profile Polks which fit perfectly and upgraded the sound quality. Also went with the Polk 3.5s for dash and Polk 6X9 w/adapter plates for rear. Very pleased with this set up w/factory head unit. (EQ model) I'd be glad to try and answer any other ?s you may have if I can. HTH

Evans Ward
Macon, GA
87 Turbo-T
70 GS455

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'd like to put some 6x9's in place of the factory ones. Did you make the adapter plate your self or can you buy it?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by smokin62:
I'd like to put some 6x9's in place of the factory ones. Did you make the adapter plate your self or can you buy it?
If you order from www.crutchfield.com they give you the adapters with your order. Very reliable and fast service.

JFH

------------------
JOHN HORDYCH
87 GN Ta49 36#, big mouth intake,9/11 TC,new interior,JC93 chip,KB exhaust,test pipe,Boost a pump,340 walbro,IMM trunk kit,Basic mods all gauges,Turbo Link,new trans by Eric Shertz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts