Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I have been helping friends with computer problems for the longest, but I am starting to charge loot. What is a good price to start at and how do I figure this? What would something as simple as a windows install hit a customer up for?
Thanks
Charles

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
$100 an hour is pretty normal.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Charging friends can get sticky. When you ask for help with something expect to get a bill too. Better off trading skills. You fix his computer and your friends skill like painting, car repair, cement work or whatever can be applied to your needs. Even buy you lunch or dinner is a good gesture. :sw:

·
Never ending process!
2,288 Posts
Ditto to what Ed and Mike noted....For friends that have a skill I made need later(Gas station with lifts, real mechanic) I'll take care of them..Others 75-100 an hour, depending on what kind of grief I'm going to get into..Especially when dealing with a spyware/virus infested machine

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response guys, I will charge half of that since I am not licensed or certified. I do know what im doing, so I guess thats fair.

·
Never ending process!
2,288 Posts
Hah...sometimes those certs mean nothing....Dont get me wrong, there are PLENTY of people with MCSE and the like that are excellent at their jobs, but there are just as many with the papers who dont know and IP from a CD..Much like TR's experience can mean the difference !! Good Luck, trouble shooting PC's and networks can be just as frustrating as our cars !! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts