Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B4Black friends,

Since switching to the hot air setup on my '77 Vega project, I have accumulated a complete 1981 carb/turbo set-up:

Intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, plenum, and recent rebuild turbo (OK to bolt on as is). Oil supply and return lines. New 1979 Q-jet Turbo service carb. Hobbs switch-activated power valve control solenoid (replaces the PEVR-- makes the carb go rich at around 4-5 psi of boost). All stock air intake parts. 1979 Turbo Control Center and distributor. MSD-6BTM. MSD Tach adapter. Vac/Boost gauge, mechanical oil gauge, extra stock starter.

There may be a few more parts, but that's most of the big stuff. I was hoping to use all these parts on another project car (I recently got a '79 Sunbird Wagon with a factory V-6) but I need this car more as a driver at my airline job, and I really don't have the time or money for another project.

I would prefer to sell the whole lot as a kit for someone interested in converting a NA V-6 car or doing a CJ Jeep project. If there are no takers within 30 days, I will sell the parts off on eBay individually.

I would like $500 for the entire lot. The new carb alone is worth over $200, and the MSD-6BTM is worth over $300 new, so figure about $150 used. I know shipping will be high, but I will work with the buyer to keep cost down by either freight-shipping the lot, or breaking into smaller shipments by package carriers. (UPS, FedEx Ground, USPS, etc...)

If interested, e-mail me at; [email protected]

Thanks,
Dave

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
let me know before you part it out, i need the carb. :cheers:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice package, fair price! Will save someone a ton of ebaY shoppin! :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts