Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1985 buick gn motor in my 1983 t-type. I got the harness out of the 1985 and the motor which I rebuilt from top to bottom. I have been trying to get it running and it seems to be a never ending battle. I am getting spark and injector pulses. I put in a new cam sensor and crank sensor. I noticed recently that the coil pack looks like it is the 1986-87 model. The numbers are
642 back
351 front
I don't have any adapter on it but the 1985 harness plugs right in to the coil pack. I know that the cam sensors are for 1984-1987 but is the crank sensor the same way? I guess my question is could it be the coil pack, do I need a adapter or a new coil? If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it and thank you in advance......... uzi

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
You will need the adapter from Caspers or an '85 coil pack.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, well my problem is that I know this harness came out of a 1985 and it does plug into the adaptor with no problem and the coil is for a 86-87 model. I did get a spare coil with the car I bought which I think is the 1985 model but it does not fit, it is smaller and the holes don't line up. Any suggestions?
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts