Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1985 buick gn motor in my 1983 t-type. I got the harness out of the 1985 and the motor which I rebuilt from top to bottom. I have been trying to get it running and it seems to be a never ending battle. I am getting spark and injector pulses. I put in a new cam sensor and crank sensor. I noticed recently that the coil pack looks like it is the 1986-87 model. The numbers are
642 back
351 front
I don't have any adapter on it but the 1985 harness plugs right in to the coil pack. I know that the cam sensors are for 1984-1987 but is the crank sensor the same way? I guess my question is could it be the coil pack, do I need a adapter or a new coil? If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it and thank you in advance......... uzi

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
You will need the adapter from Caspers or an '85 coil pack.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i have a 85 coil pack and it does not plug into my 86 wiring harness.i was having coil troubles and tryed an 85.the multi pin plug has different aligning lugs built in to the plastic.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, well my problem is that I know this harness came out of a 1985 and it does plug into the adaptor with no problem and the coil is for a 86-87 model. I did get a spare coil with the car I bought which I think is the 1985 model but it does not fit, it is smaller and the holes don't line up. Any suggestions?
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts