Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i finally started the GN, and it was running rough, figured from sitting, so i installed direct scan and of course all the #'s were going crazy, why do i bother?
so now my ses lites on and i get a 51 reading from my sm2.
tried restting the ecm but no luck now it hardly runs at all.
so i installed my stock ecm with the 55lbs chip and runs like it used to, no im not gonna leave it in just wanted to see if it was the ecm or the chip, so my guess is its the ecm.
anybody have any other ideas?

------------------

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
It was probably a dirty connection with DS....very common. Put the other ecm back in, leave the DS off...it should run perfectly. Then put DS back on but do not push the connector on as far as it will go. If it runs correctly...that's it. If it still acts up, reclean the terminal strip on the ecm.

Also be sure the chip is seated well. That will give you the 51.

[This message has been edited by Steve Wood (edited May 10, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Steve Wood (edited May 10, 2002).]

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve.
It runs once again, I still think theres something wrong though. I'm gonna have Turbo Bob do me another ecm just for peace of mind..

------------------

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well wen tout for a drive today, and all was good, till the car really warmed up, then i noticed it started to get hesitant, but cleared up afterwards.
Then the ses light came on and the car started bucking, eventually stalled.
but no code was given?
tried to start the car but no luck, reset the ecm and still nothing, had to give it almost half throttle before it would start.
then it ran poorly.
it did this the rest of the way home.

i noticed the ecm was hot to the touch.
and the ses light still flashes on and off when its running, and it stalls almost immediately after its started now.
ideas?

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
going threw this myself.. fuel pump.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Do both ecm's get hot like that? I hope I'm following you correctly shmed. If not, tell me to buzz off!

I would think that something would be wrong with the ecm if it got hot like that.
Steve??

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't left the stock ecm in long enough to get warm, (scared it'll get screwed up)

Funny though it seems one side of the ecm gets hotter then the other.

I checked the e prom its fully seated.
But i will try cleaning the e prom contacts
Hopefully that will work ...

Will running the stock ecm with the 55 chip damage any thing. I'd like to see if it acts the same way in a stock ecm.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The side of the ECM that gets warm is where the injector drivers sit and have a heat sink there. If your running the low impedance injectors on the stock ECM they will get warm and eventually burn out. I agree with Steve about the chip. Clear the ECM, check the chip and disconnect DS and see if it clears up.

Paul

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That explains the heat part of it.
i checked the chip and it didn't seem to wiggle around or anything like that.
Ya the DS is back in the box it came in, did i tell ya how much i hate that thing yet!!!
But i did try and clean the chip with a eraser just hafta go out and try it as soon as it drys up..

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts