Turbo Buick Forums banner

code 42

757 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Steve Wood 
Make sure the module is firmly bolted to the mounting plate and the mounting plate is firmly bolted to bracket and on to the plenum....

Yes, the car will run badly as the module has to be grounded...

also, anytime something screwy is going on and you are running Direct Scan...unplug it and see if the problem goes away....if the connector slides on too far or if the contacts are not clean, it will drive your car crazy.

All the scan tools that use the aldl port are limited to the output frame rate. DS uses the engineering test port on the board so it can produce faster data rates.

Salvage, I believe, posted the color codes and terminal locations of the est line and the other one a few months ago. It will be in the archives if the bad ground is not the problem...the grounding of the module. I know about this one as I just fixed one that was running terribly and throwing code 42.
I could move the coil when I started to pull the plug wires.

Or, you can cut a spacer and slip it over the end of the terminal before sliding the connector on....even cardboard will work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.