Turbo Buick Forums banner

code 42

750 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Steve Wood 
#1 ·
My car is throwing code 42, EST. It stumbles, dies and runs not so good. I checked the calpak and PROM and made sure they are seated good. Checked the EST and BYPASS circuit connections on the ECM.

What else should i check?

Thanks, Scott

------------------
86 GN, Blue Tops, TA-49, LT1 valve springs, 8Pos MaxEffort, 2 3/4" ATR DP, ported elbow, Adj FPR, Adj wastegate, Walbro 307 (hot wired), tie down strap, K+N, test pipe, Kenne Bell 2 1/2" dual exhaust, 160 stat, Nitto DR's, Directscan, Compaq laptop, Alky inj., Pro Torque 2800 stall in another working trans (#5 and counting)

Minimalism (its the least you can do)

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Will that being loose cause problems, Steve?

Scott

------------------
86 GN, Blue Tops, TA-49, LT1 valve springs, 8Pos MaxEffort, 2 3/4" ATR DP, ported elbow, Adj FPR, Adj wastegate, Walbro 307 (hot wired), tie down strap, K+N, test pipe, Kenne Bell 2 1/2" dual exhaust, 160 stat, Nitto DR's, Directscan, Compaq laptop, Alky inj., Pro Torque 2800 stall in another working trans (#5 and counting)

Discussion starter · #5 ·
will that cause the car to die?
Scott

------------------

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I checked the EST and bypass ckts, and they were not grounded. But i think the DS plug was pushed all the way in on one side. How do you keep it from working its way back in when it rests on the ECM trim cover?

Scott

------------------

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Good idea! I will give it a try.

Thanks everyone for the help. Now can anyone help me with my 60' times?

Scott

------------------

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.