Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on a customers TR that set a code 34 and had the symptoms of a bad MAF. I installed a known good MAF off of my TR. The stumbling and stalling did not change. I checked the inlet air duct and all of the connections are OK, no air leaks. I changed out the ECM and still had the same code and conditions. I checked the TPS and the readings and voltage are good. There are no vacuum leaks and the connector is not corroded.

The car has been running perfect and the bad MAF condition started at once while driving. I unplugged the MAF and tried to drive the car in limp mode but the condition was the same. I tried a NAPA MAF and thought I had the problem fixed, it coded 34 again. One thing I noticed when driving the car was the AF readings going from 07 to 255 at no more than 15-20 mph. I noticed the high readings being displayed when the car bogged when applying the throttle. I am thinking there may be a wiring problem; may be a ground problem in the MAF harness. All of the readings on the Scan Master are perfect. Even the AF at idle is around 05. I have not checked the circuit to see if there is a ground problem. I am scratching my head on this one.??? Any ideas?

Thanks,
CT

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Chris, with the maf connector unplugged, key in the run postion, Put your meter between terminal B in the connector and ground. You should read between 4-6 volts. Do you? If not, it would appear to be a problem in the circuit between B6 on the ecm and the maf which is the yellow wire. Be sure the pin in b6 has not backed out or the wire is loose in it.

I can fax you the trouble shooting tree and diagnostic aids if you like.

Also, be sure there are no air leaks between the maf and throttle body.

<small>[ June 14, 2003, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts