Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ,
before i took my eng apart i could move the piston a little in the cly with my hand. as if the piston / cly was worn . yet u can see cross hatch still in the cly bores . an also when i pulled the pistons the skirts looked really good . i was amazed (120 k on eng) . should the piston been able to move in the bore like that ? side to side not up an down . also should i not bore the clys as the clys look really good ?

another problem , after pulling cam i noticed that the cam has worn the block some . what kinda fixes are out there for this kinda problem ? why has this happened ? stock oil pump stock every thing !

reason i pulled eng apart is want to look at it . just kidding nylon gear broke an u can guess the rest .
any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The pistons will have only a few thousandths clearance between skirt and cylinder wall. But that is at the largest diameter of the skirt, down low. There is more clearance up around the top of the piston, where the operating temperature is higher, so you can "rock" a piston a little, but not much. If there is no visible wear, I would not mess with the bores.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts