Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something rather weird happened this week I'd like to share. On my way to work Monday I went by my physician's office for a scheduled annual full physical. I went through all the usual stuff, then came the EKG. As he compared the one just taken to the one from the previous physical he asked if I had been having chest pains or anything. When I told him I had been he became very concerned and immediately called a local hospital to say he was sending a patient over....I'm thinking what is this????He insisted calling an ambulance but I insisted on driving myself. I entered the ER entrance per his instructions and people were waiting on me already. There was a room waiting for me and IV's were inserted and my groin was shaved....embarrassing to say the least. Next morning I was taken to the Cath Lab for a dye test w2ith a cath up the groin artery to the heart. As I watched the procedure on screen he shot the dye....but it wouldn't go into the arteries...just sorta oozzed slowly. Don't know what happened but I began blacking out and only remember someone saying blood pressure 30. The DR began yelling my name LOUDLY to me and screamed for 200 mg's of atrofeen or something similar. The procedure was immediately stopped. When I regained my senses fully I had been shipped to another hospital with a cardiac intensive care unit. The catherization was completed by this unit. My blood was like sludge the doc said....triglycerades over 1'000. The doc said I had a VERY VERY close brush with the grim reaper. I feel lucky guy's. I'm back at home on a bunch of medication and a dammed sore groin. Sorry for the lonwinded post but I REALLY do feel lucky. :yup:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
I was reading that thinking there's a 'punchline' to this joke at the end. Wow.. that's amazing. Have they explained exactly what the problem was??

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gn85 said:
I was reading that thinking there's a 'punchline' to this joke at the end. Wow.. that's amazing. Have they explained exactly what the problem was??
Blood was so thick from cholesterol it wasn't flowing very well. Was on blood thinner for several hours so cath could be completed.

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Hissin' Buford said:
Blood was so thick from cholesterol it wasn't flowing very well. Was on blood thinner for several hours so cath could be completed.
Do you know what your cholesterol level was? I just got the first word from my doctor that my cholesterol was creeping up.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Damn, Paul...did you have any blockages, or simply very high TriG/s? Time for some changes!

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gn85 said:
Do you know what your cholesterol level was? I just got the first word from my doctor that my cholesterol was creeping up.
Tri-G's over 1,000..........LISTEN to your Dr and pay heed Chris...this is serious stuff.

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Steve Wood said:
Damn, Paul...did you have any blockages, or simply very high TriG/s? Time for some changes!
Both Steve. Had a stent plus the high cholesterol, major changes in diet and lifestyle are to be implemented.Edit. Had a blockage, stent was inserted.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Damn Paul, I wish you the best in health and in your diet and life style changes.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Best wishes

Hope it all works out for you. Make sure you CHANGE YOUR LIFE--it isn't always about medication.

Ravi :cheers:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Wow, that was close.
I sure hope they get you dialed in, on fixing things!.
Be sure to find a good cardiac Dr to work with, and stick with him. If you don't have every confidence in him, find another one. This probably seems obvious, but I've talked to too many people that seemed to have missed the memo on that.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Paul, I'm glad you're okay. Now change your damn diet and get yourself healthy again. You were lucky. :(

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Stuff like this makes you realize just how fast you can be 6 ft under!! Take care of your health! I had a close call a year ago & it sure wakes you up pretty quick!! Glad your OK!

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
dammmmmmm... I accually meet the grim reaper a few years ago to .. they had the wife get the kids there to say thier goodbye's :dunno: She (grim reaper) wasn't that bad :D glad all is well :cheers:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Wow,you are a lucky man. I am 30 and on cholesteral meds myself. I am also 5'4 and 132lbs!!! I eat right and work 2 jobs. But you can't change genetics!!Last time my total was 229,tris 12o,bad chol 157!!! Been on drugs about 6 mo and just had blood drawn yesterday. I hope the meds are working. :yup:

·
Dont visit foreign SITES
3,092 Posts
Glad to hear you are doing better.
Listen to the docs and watch what you eat now..
I'm 35 but I take aspirin 3 xs a week and its also good to donate blood a few times a year keeps the inventory fresh. :wink: ( although you cant donate if you take aspirin within 48 hrs)

·
8,392 Posts
Glad you're okay :cheers:
now load up on the B-vitamins, thiamine and lecithin and get healthy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts