Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a top engine clean do this or do I need to remove?
Pulled the thermostat and it was a 160 as I remember, so I will need to have the radiator cleaned and rodded. Just my luck.

TIA

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
You wanted to be different with regard to luck than the rest of us? Did you test the thermostat?

Rodding an old radiator will not regain the efficiency lost due to age. Save your nickles until spring and buy a good core or complete radiator from Nick Micale.

Make sure that the bottom and sides are still sealed so the air is flowing thru it properly.

Not sure on the plenum...I usually just blast it out with carb or brake cleaner.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve as hard to change as it is, I replaced with a new 160.
On the carb cleaner do you shoot in in without the car running or with it running?
Could you give me the procedure you use.

Thanks
Ernie

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Cleaning the T/Body: Soak a shop rag with carb cleaner or BG has some T/body cleaner also' Open the T/body fold the rag up long ways' folded the rag again over the screwdriver & clean away' Do this till rag is coming out clean" This will keep you from flooding the eng with cleaner" Then spray clean the linkage on outside.

If oil is in plenum then you have other problems" If you just clean it out t will come back till problem is fixed. This could be the turbo or PCV system Best to clean it with it removed.

[This message has been edited by fast86 (edited December 10, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I often do it when I am changing plugs...with them out...I just hold the blade open and spray the entire can in there at all the angles I can manage..then I spin the engine over to spit out the bulk of it before putting the new plugs in there....I really don't think any oil that might be left is a problem and, as Keith said, I am more concerned with where it came from. I think the pvc leakage is pretty common.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts