Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I get down on my '86 GN & let off she clacks or knocks (i'm not sure which one is what - as this is my first turbo). I upgraded to Turbo Tweak chip & 60lb injectors; also an adjustable wastegate acuator ;also a boost controller & an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (43lbs no vaccumm). So far in reading the post maybe a bigger fuel pump/hot wire kit & an RJC ad power plate might help along w/ a new coil pack. But I am really unsure if it is knocking or clacking. I live in Mobile Alabama if any one knows a good tech. Thank you for your replys in adva

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Are you sure it's not just the sound from the turbo ( I call it Turbo Flutter or Compressor Surge would be proper I guess) If you do not have a Scanmaster or Powerlogger i suggest you take it easy on the car until you get one. They should be the mandatory first purchase on every car without. Then you will know if it's Knock or just Turbo Flutter which happens as soon as you let off the gas in boost. If you have a K&N filter to replace the stocker you will hear it louder.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
The Scanmaster is a very valuable tool & once you have one you will never even consider driving the car without it!! I promise you that!!
The pump & hotwire will be needed & a K&N Cone filter under the hood will help the car breathe. I don't like telling people to spend $$$ unless it's warranted but in this case it really is mandatory. Just take it easy until then.
Also this is Mandatory Reading for Every Owner! :yup:

Steve Woods site Vortex Buicks

Our original Buick Book Turbo Regal Web Site

You can also get the edited just for our cars GM Manual from The CD Guy Jeremy Wood. I think Steve has a link on Vortex & if not just do a search here. He may not hang here anymore but still has the CD's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.