Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new issue of Muscle Car Review and on page 46 is a picture of Chuck "Frank" of York Pa and his 84 GN. well by spelling his last name wrong at least Chuck won't be bothered with phone calls from around the country with people trying to buy his car ! Congrats Chuck on getting in the magazine !:cheers:

Dave "Frank" of lancaster Pa

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Way to go Chuck! I told you it was worth the hassle :D I'll have to get a copy on my way home today.

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Dave, they where out at Buick Performance Group (BPG) Nationals, at the hotel while everyone else was at the track. The Buick was running like jit in fact Jeff and my boys actually pushed it backwards into the parking spot for the photographer, that's right it was dead at that point !
Picture this your at the host hotel with your 3 teenagers because the car is on the fritz, your 6/7 hours from home, the car is dead or near dead, and your told to get the car out front now for some pictures for "Muscle Car Review" magazine. Jeff(gnetic86) looks at me, I look at the instrument cluster beyond the steering wheel, thinking WTF talk about bad timing, I look back at Jeff and we decide WTH hope not to many people see us push this brick around the parking lot!! So I turn the key and low and behold it fires up, goes about 100 feet and dies, so the boys, Jeff and I push it back to that spot and they boogy out of the picture as the click off a few shots ask me about 4 questions and they where done. Go to start the car, and nata, that's right we had to push it back to the parking lot.... mean while, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get the car and the family home.... later that night, the band is playing everyone is drinking beer and having a good time and I'm looking for a miracle to pop in my mind, get on the phone with Paul (Doc). You guys know what I mean, he is the go to guy for me when I'm pulling straws... Ok enough of the novel writing, the car made the journey home, special thanks to Jim Chadrue for following me 6 hrs thanks to Rich for letting me borrow a spare O2 sensor and thanks to Sean for offering to trailer the car home and put his Betsey on the highway to York, glad that he offered but more glad I didn't need to do that.

Chuck

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
Glad you made it back home...but what issue...mine has not shown up yet and I also have a digital subscription...last one was Oct 13th

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Guessing it's in the November issue, because at the local book store it's not in October's....
John, he had to see us.... just want to say that the PLX (wide band) is working like a champ, and the SD2 ver. 1.1 chip is awesome, Eric Marshall hit this one out of the park !

Chuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts