Turbo Buick Forums banner

Chop, Chop...

794 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Woosh 
#1 ·
This is just my new crazy idea. Is it possible to chop off the t-top roof and put in a hard top or moonroof? I love/hate my t-tops :rolleyes:

#3 ·
You guys are nuts. If it really bothers you sell it and buy a hard top. :)

#4 ·
That's what I am doing,I've been GNless for 5 weeks :(

#5 ·
im buying a hardtop roller and just using the main cab- rood, quarters, trunk, floor pands, and firewall because my t tops were pretty holy it has been done though. theres a guy on cardomain that has chopped the top off. i was going to attempt it but for a couple hunded bucks you can get a NA regal to use the body from- im using a 84 wh1 most likely if the deal goes through

#6 ·
it's not that hard to do :cheers:

#10 ·
Do some searching on the boards.. someone did this not that long ago and posted a ton of pics of the process. Said it was rather easy and did it in his backyard. Go to the junk yard and buy an 87 regal hardtop for 200 bucks and chop the top and your on the way! :D :6:

#11 ·
nothing a chpped top some duck tape and a tube of silicone cant help.. just kiddin

#13 ·
PhillyTurboSix said:
Do some searching on the boards.. someone did this not that long ago and posted a ton of pics of the process. Said it was rather easy and did it in his backyard. Go to the junk yard and buy an 87 regal hardtop for 200 bucks and chop the top and your on the way! :D :6:
Great! I'll do some research. I've seen a moonroof on a Regal and Cutlass, but never on a Monte Carlo or Grand Prix, i wonder if they were available on all G-body cars... :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.