Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Unregistered Abuser
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just my new crazy idea. Is it possible to chop off the t-top roof and put in a hard top or moonroof? I love/hate my t-tops :rolleyes:

·
Doin' the stanky leg!!
1,240 Posts
Yeah me too and I have been thinking about doing the same thing.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
You guys are nuts. If it really bothers you sell it and buy a hard top. :)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
That's what I am doing,I've been GNless for 5 weeks :(

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
im buying a hardtop roller and just using the main cab- rood, quarters, trunk, floor pands, and firewall because my t tops were pretty holy it has been done though. theres a guy on cardomain that has chopped the top off. i was going to attempt it but for a couple hunded bucks you can get a NA regal to use the body from- im using a 84 wh1 most likely if the deal goes through

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
it's not that hard to do :cheers:

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Geeze, just buy my '87 Turbo T and you'll be well off. :D

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Do some searching on the boards.. someone did this not that long ago and posted a ton of pics of the process. Said it was rather easy and did it in his backyard. Go to the junk yard and buy an 87 regal hardtop for 200 bucks and chop the top and your on the way! :D :6:

·
Brisbon 87 GN
626 Posts
nothing a chpped top some duck tape and a tube of silicone cant help.. just kiddin

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Just call up my ol' buddy Chip Foose. I'm sure he'll lend a helping hand. :rolleyes:

·
Unregistered Abuser
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PhillyTurboSix said:
Do some searching on the boards.. someone did this not that long ago and posted a ton of pics of the process. Said it was rather easy and did it in his backyard. Go to the junk yard and buy an 87 regal hardtop for 200 bucks and chop the top and your on the way! :D :6:
Great! I'll do some research. I've seen a moonroof on a Regal and Cutlass, but never on a Monte Carlo or Grand Prix, i wonder if they were available on all G-body cars... :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts