Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 87 grand national it has after market chip in it but dont know what it is,since ive had the car it has k&n filter set of pulleys ,high performance fuel pump adjustable fuel regulator,duttweiler intercooler neck,te44c turbo,high rev lifters,and a bigger cam. But i never put injectors in it dont know if i should change the chip or not

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is there any writing on the back of the chip? If so what does it say? Chances are it was probably matched for the factory injectors. If you want to optimize your combination, you may want to upgrade injectors and chip matched to the new injectors.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Absolutely the best combination on the market.
Even if the car has a somewhat newer chip if the injectors are factory then they are due to be changed & upgraded. :wink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i appreciate the input i just got to talk with someone to figure out for sure what i need i will get out here and pull the chip out and see if it says anything its been so long but i dont think it has a name on it but its the one that was in there when i bought the car i also got to figure out what injectors i need.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Stock are somewhere around 28ish? Years ago we would upgrade to Blue Tops that are 36 lb Then came a few variations of 40's but the 50's & now the 60's are great & more than most will even need. But with a TT chip the idle like stock! :yup:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
The only thing that will change for you is the ability to make more HP down the road without having to upgrade the injectors again. Otherwise they idle & drive the same as stockers if you get a proper chip from Eric. Then the chip will have the ability to be adjusted to fine tune your combo for warm or cool weather.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts