Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These people are NUTS about oil. It is, however, the most informative site on oil that I have ever come across. Some of the guys on there do an oil analysis after every oil change. :crazy: Check out some of the tests and experiments that Bob has done. Wow! These are some smart mothers.

Here you go: www.bobistheoilguy.com

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
RealestVIN7 said:
These people are NUTS about oil. It is, however, the most informative site on oil that I have ever come across. Some of the guys on there do an oil analysis after every oil change. :crazy: Check out some of the tests and experiments that Bob has done. Wow! These are some smart mothers.

Here you go: www.bobistheoilguy.com
I found this part terribly interesting, about how the syns didn't have enough anti-foaming additives. Between that and all the hype about higher break down temps., I'm still not impressed with syns.. (BTW, so far I've never seen an oil temp over 200dF (with my Turbo Saver, and not having an oil cooler).

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I think one has to take some of the stuff with a grain of salt...but, it is food to thought. :)

You notice he has advertisers and does not say negative things about them... :)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Steve Wood said:
I think one has to take some of the stuff with a grain of salt...but, it is food to thought.
You notice he has advertisers and does not say negative things about them...
It's to the stage that for most material one has to go back to the original researchers to get any really accurate data.

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a cool website though. He is biased towards his sponsors a little. But if you check out their products, they are superior. That Schaeffer stuff looks awesome. Of course we know Royal Purple, Amsoil, and Redline are good...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts