Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
never under estimate ;)
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a set of four 205/65/15 winter tires for my GN.. im gonna be mounting them on a set of old cutlass rallye wheels
i know u guys are thinking why the F are u gonan drive it in the winter.. well its my only car and i am a strong beleiver in RUST CHECK twice a year and all my old mobil -1 also goes on the undercarriage of anything i've owned, may not look pretty but works in the long run and the car is a "driver"
im in the toronto area but will drive within reason for a good deal so far i been quoted $85 a piece mounted and blanced some swedish brand

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Tires & Rims

I have a set of Buick GS rims and tires 195/75R/14 for $200.00 tires have lots of tread left.

Attachments

·
never under estimate ;)
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'd love to use Buick rims but if i bought those i would still want to put fresh winter tires on so im gonna stick w the cutlass wheels i already have and keep lookin for tires. thanks though... any chance you got a factory radio for an 87?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Radio

I beleve i do have one .

·
never under estimate ;)
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
apparently from some tire places i have called a 205-70-15 is better 65 is too low pro... anbody used this size tire before? i thought the stock size was a 205-65-15 anyway?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Tires&Rims

These rims are off a buick regal, there on the car now.

·
blank
2,898 Posts
How can you be selling winter beaters in one thread and looking for snows in another?. Get your used car manager/wholesaler to cut you a deal!

·
never under estimate ;)
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol im trying to get an even better deal!! so far $91 a piece installed locally (cooper tires) or $85 if i drive to acton (some swedish brandtires). all plus tax.. i just want $400 or less out the door and i guess ill be happy enough. dealership wants me around a little longer before they start giving me the "real" prices

·
blank
2,898 Posts
I'm talking about a car not rubber!
I guarantee your car will look like mine.
A pair of replacement southern doors, prepped and painted even-at-cost will be more than a beater!

·
Registered
119 Posts
215/65r15 is the stock tire size.
I have run 205/70r15 in the past on my 84 t-type that I drove all year long. You'll want the extra hight.

·
Fairly Crazy
997 Posts
I'm talking about a car not rubber!
I guarantee your car will look like mine.
A pair of replacement southern doors, prepped and painted even-at-cost will be more than a beater!
Read this again, gnkidd. Why? Cuz its the f'kn truth.

·
Poor and stupid
327 Posts
I just finished getting mine back from the body shop and I definately paid more to get it fixed then I paid for a number of cars i've driven. A couple years ago I picked up an old Laser for 600 bucks drove it all winter and sold it in the spring for 600 bucks again.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Cheap Winter Tires

i need a set of four 205/65/15 winter tires for my GN.. im gonna be mounting them on a set of old cutlass rallye wheels
i know u guys are thinking why the F are u gonan drive it in the winter.. well its my only car and i am a strong beleiver in RUST CHECK twice a year and all my old mobil -1 also goes on the undercarriage of anything i've owned, may not look pretty but works in the long run and the car is a "driver"
im in the toronto area but will drive within reason for a good deal so far i been quoted $85 a piece mounted and blanced some swedish brand

Well I think you're crazy for even thinking about driving your GN thru the winter, :dunno: That thing won't get any traction, even with snow tires.....plus it's gonna turn into a rust bucket before your eyes.

However if you're looking for some inexpensive snow tires.....give Cheap Thrills Wheels & Tires a call....they're located in Milton at:

250 Martin Street
Milton, ON L9T 2R6
(905) 878-6853

DP

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have to agree with everyone else in the rain my GN is bad enough, I spent so much time replacing the floors quaters etc in my gn, oil spraying is a must but the road salt/dust will get into every crevice I take my gn to krown rust control every fall before it goes into storage and it barely sees the rain, just my opinon id say get a fwd beater and be a lot safer

Dave:cheers:

·
never under estimate ;)
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gn insurance $400 annual.. beater insurance $400/month.. thats what happens when ur 22 and have a few tickets.. im driving the gn with liberal amounts of oil drippin fro m every seam.. and i live in the city, the streets are always clean anyways except for when its actually snowing and they havent plowed them yet.. people drove rwd cars for decades with no problems i think i'll be fine.

·
Fairly Crazy
997 Posts
gn insurance $400 annual.. beater insurance $400/month.. thats what happens when ur 22 and have a few tickets.. im driving the gn with liberal amounts of oil drippin fro m every seam.. and i live in the city, the streets are always clean anyways except for when its actually snowing and they havent plowed them yet.. people drove rwd cars for decades with no problems i think i'll be fine.
How are you getting collector insurance at 22? I've been looking for ages and I can't get it anywhere because of my age...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'm with you on that.... I am driving one this year too... makes the winter seem not so bad... :6::cheers::6:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I drove my GN 1 winter with a good set of snows and it will go through anything short of a blizzard. I wish some of winter beaters I have driven were as good in the snow. you will have no problems. my dad drove a 79 Malibu for over 20 years in the snow, we even use to pull a snowmobile trailer up north every weekend with it when I was a kid, Rust check every year and that car took 20plus years to rot away!!!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Just to clarify, I don't really think we should be doing this as salt has a way of getting everywhere... I just figure oil the crap out of it and repair in spring and hope there is metal to weld to when I get there... LOL>>>

:6::cheers::6:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts