Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the new motor will be done shortly. my goal is mid 11's. right now i got my 38's on there. think they'll do it no problem?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'd throw a set of 50s or 60s in, rather than lean on the smaller ones. When you start running injectors at their max, the spray pattern gets affected. It's nice having a little more room to grow as well.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I wouldn't attempt it without running direct scan which should be your next mod.

If the engine has head and cam work I would go larger like the 60's/65's.

38's should be good for high 11's, mid 11's with a good 60ft.

Depending upon all the mods. and how you will be racing, chip and octane etc.

Monitoring what is happening with direct scan is very important now with a new motor and all.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
firebird_1252 said:
well the new motor will be done shortly. my goal is mid 11's. right now i got my 38's on there. think they'll do it no problem?
Maybe.......
It's going to depend alot on your tuning, and combo..

What people continually ignore in injector sizing is Accleration Enrichment, ie the acclerator pump. If you're only concern is WOT, for 11 secs at a time, then for a while you probably can get by with them. There have been a number of guys that have gone fast on small injectors, and there's been a rather large percentage of them, that have Headgasket collections. IMO, it's worth being on the safe side, and the 60s seem to be a good choice.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ed i was thinking the same thing. i think next year i'm going to step up to a PTE-54 :D

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Rob ....a 54 :dunno: just to run mid 11s ???? don't turn the car into a project !!! keep it SIMPLE :headbang:

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dan isnt the TE-44 maxed out around mid 11's? i mean when i got the turbo done john craig told me that the turbos sweet spot was around 27psi. i mean hell as long as its not taring itself apart i'm happy less i gotta spend on this thing. hell what i'm spending on this thing this y ear and next i could buy a new car cash!

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Melissa and the wife both went mid 11s in street trim with it ... I'd keep it for now .. sounds like you have enuff on your plate without adding more :cool:

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Rob, The T44 and 38# inj's will be fine for your combo and goal. If you want more then Yes a larger Turbo and inj's will get you low 11's or teen's. Your shortblock and head build is ready for it when your wallet is.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ULYCYC said:
Rob, The T44 and 38# inj's will be fine for your combo and goal. If you want more then Yes a larger Turbo and inj's will get you low 11's or teen's. Your shortblock and head build is ready for it when your wallet is.
already done :wink: waiting on the cam, pistons (damn .20 bore!), and to see if the lifters are rebuildable.

dan i have alot on my plate now. i'm trying my hardest to get this thing in the car asap and have miles on it by sept.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
firebird_1252 said:
dan i have alot on my plate now. i'm trying my hardest to get this thing in the car asap and have miles on it by sept.

all the more reson to keep it simple :D :cheers:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
160lbs/hr atleast.

:D Can we race again rob!

I bought a couple of a little goodies thats all, but im keeping it simple so I don't start breaking more things. Im going to leave my little 49 on for a while, so you got the bigger turbo!

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nick after you took my **** for MONTHS and i repeatedly asked for it back i dont even want to see you nor hear from you. yes i did get it back but IN PIECES!

anyway, dan over the winter i'm finishing up the rest of the car. motor wise anyway. just up grading the intercooler and thats it :). next year on the agenda is the tranny (if i decide to pop it) and paint. hopefuly the rear is going to hold!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts