Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/index.html

Please don't make it a heavy pig with inflated HP numbers...

:)

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Priced out a GT500 lately? 20K markups for a friggin Mustang? Although I bet the Challenger has something similar if they do it right.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
I don't think the price is that bad :dunno:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
TTA89 said:
Please don't make it a heavy pig with inflated HP numbers... :)
Refering to the Shelby, and even the GTO..heh..heh:yup:

·
Register Boozer
3,904 Posts
Looks like the Camaro concept with all the sharp edges taken off. Am I the only one who sees that? :dunno:

Car companies should stop ripping off their past and actually try to innovate. Imagine that car with a Mercedes engine and suspension! :yup:

This looks like a toy, not a car.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
87natty said:
Looks like the Camaro concept with all the sharp edges taken off. Am I the only one who sees that? :dunno:

This looks like a toy, not a car.
I think the Camaro is a better looking car. The Challenger is basically the spitting image of the old one with different bumpers. At least they don't have to re-tool at Chrysler! :D

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Personally I think the car companies need to bring back some of the great designers out of retirement. Granted quite a few of them have died. This is what you get when you put young punks in charge of the styling studio. Who ever did the Challenger was watching to much TV. Funny coincedence. Nash Bridges running around 'frisco in a Hemi E body. The "new" Challenger. BTW did you also notice that it's been 20 years since the Challenger shuttle accident. If this was 10 years ago they would be calling this a Barracuda assuming Plymouth was still around. I've got a conspiracy theory here concerning Daimler and our American heritage but I'll keep it to myself. Now the big question will be if Dodge will have the money to build this car. The latest news from Detroit puts Chrysler further down in the chitter than Ford or GM. Actually. I see the trend of copying an older design to fade out here pretty soon. There's only so many models that they can do this with. With the exception of the Chevy HHR and SSR, these new and improved models have been based on performance models more or less. I was trying to think of some other cars I'd like to see "morphed" into a newer model and the only thing that came to my mind was the 68-72 GM A-body and the 68-70 Charger. I bet the price will be in line with everything else. There will be an entry level V-6 that will be dirt cheap and the HP models in the $40K-$50K range.

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
Not to worry Eric. America is more in love with the Japanese than Americans or even Germans. Look what they are buying. As for DC's health, a snippet from the world of Ford:

Ford posted a pre-tax operating loss of $590 on each vehicle it sold in 2005. Showing progress this year and next likely will be made difficult by the lack of a single completely new car in the company's 2007 lineup. Ford's market share in the first quarter was down to 17.6% from 18.2% in the first quarter of 2005. Without new models, it's hard to see this slide reversing.
DC is in better shape and making a profit. I do appreciate your pro-American stance. None of the automakers or other manufacturers of goods would be in trouble if America was more in the mind of the consumer. :usa:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts