Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think anyone keep a results sheet.

Please post up your results in this thread so we may update the Point Series standings.

Jason- 4 round wins, and winner of the V6 class.
John Huber
Wayne Dunfee
Thomas Schatz
Paul Miller
Harol "Gryz"
Doug Haynes
Rodney Derickson

Did I miss anyone?

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
Thomas lost in 4th round, runner-up. Carnage points for blown transmission (on a .025 light:(:(). Great day, congrats Jay:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Thomas lost in 4th round, runner-up. Carnage points for blown transmission (on a .025 light:(:(). Great day, congrats Jay:cheers:
congrats to Thomas for making it to finals , had trans not given up I'm certain he would have taken the top spot .
nice to see two magna cars at the finals .
congrats to Jason on the V6 bracket class final win

on the carnage points, points would be awarded if repaired and stages at the next event , atco buick vs ford

racers/ points as i know for this event..

Jason- 4 round wins, and winner of the V6 class. ... 50 + class winner 20 ...70points
John Huber .....out in second round on red ...... 20points
Wayne Dunfee `... went out first round on red...................10 points
Thomas Schatz ... out in finals 3 wins ... 40 + runner up 10 ... 50 points
Paul Miller ... went out in semis Q16 after two wins (sleeping at tree ) .... 30 points
Harold zychowka "Griz" ..out in quarters q16 after one win (excessive braking) .....20 points
Doug Haynes ..out first round on a push through beams ..10points
Rodney Derickson he had bye run elims and was way off on dial (rocker shaft?) think he parked after that ... 10points
kelli kruger ..out first round (sleeping at tree) ...10 points

if there were any perfect dial bonuses (example 12.30x on a 12.30 dial) post up
if any RT bonuses ( under .010 light in elims ) post up

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So we need Hotairdoug Haynes to post up is results.

BTW the rocker shaft wasn't for Rodney(its was for a friends car) I assumed it was him when he called me to see if I had one. I believe they were dealing with an intermittent no start issue.

On a side note, that new White Regal T, wasn't that a 4 cylinder turbo? What was he doing in the v6 class, lol.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
on technicalities...

the event flyer shows q16 with "low qualifier payout for quickest V-8 and Turbo v-6"
i thought i had lowest et at 10.190 only to hear they said jim dotson got it with a 10.136 .. he is v6 but isnt turboed

heres their results page but they dont list the full v6 class , just the payout spots
http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?255535-16th-Annual-East-Coast-Buick-Regionals-Results

and i guess all black cars are 87gns ...at least they didnt call us montes

·
Registered
829 Posts
I saw Jim Dotson run a 10.19...didn't see a 10.13 run :dunno:
Only perfect dial I saw was the old dude in the brand new white regal :D

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Nice showing on the track by the MAGNA guys! Great explanations by Paul above, too.
Maybe no-one bothered to check that white 2012 since it was a "Regal T" :dunno: Seems like some of the "fine print" got overlooked there. I don't think Buick even has a V6 option for the new Regal(?)
I talked to the guy (Doug) for a few seconds in the staging lane, his car has the 220 hp turbo version of the Ecotech. He said that he has run a 15.2, but on Saturday he still had luggage in the trunk :confused: Was trying to win just on consistency, leave it in "drive", etc.
"Hot Air" Doug redlighted when the front tires slid (not rolled) thru the beam at the start line :(

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Nice showing on the track by the MAGNA guys! Great explanations by Paul above, too.
Maybe no-one bothered to check that white 2012 since it was a "Regal T" :dunno: Seems like some of the "fine print" got overlooked there. I don't think Buick even has a V6 option for the new Regal(?)
I talked to the guy (Doug) for a few seconds in the staging lane, his car has the 220 hp turbo version of the Ecotech. He said that he has run a 15.2, but on Saturday he still had luggage in the trunk :confused: Was trying to win just on consistency, leave it in "drive", etc.
"Hot Air" Doug redlighted when the front tires slid (not rolled) thru the beam at the start line :(
yes Mark thanks for reminding me on Doug , we did have a short chat on that push through with the front wheels locked

·
Registered
777 Posts
on technicalities...

the event flyer shows q16 with "low qualifier payout for quickest V-8 and Turbo v-6"
i thought i had lowest et at 10.190 only to hear they said jim dotson got it with a 10.136 .. he is v6 but isnt turboed

heres their results page but they dont list the full v6 class , just the payout spots
http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?255535-16th-Annual-East-Coast-Buick-Regionals-Results

and i guess all black cars are 87gns ...at least they didnt call us montes
Paulie -

Good point. I didn't know it was a V6 turbo class, and Doug's new white Turbo is a 4 cylinder. But it being Doug who I lost too is more than OK. Like it was said, maybe next year we should pay attention or have them change to read turbo Buick. All in good fun!

Kelli

·
Mad Scientist
494 Posts
Lots of premature acceleration going on. Gotta hate it when that happens.........:D

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.