Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. John Spina has catered to our needs once again. I called him and talked to him about my Knock Alert I purchased from him. I told him that I loved it but its wasn't loud enough to cut through all the noise when I'm racing at the track. With the dump pipe open at WOT I just couldn't hear the thing.....on the street however it was perfect. He made a 'Special' Knock Alert for me. It has an extention wire that allows you to place the 'Beep Alert' part of the unit anywhere you wish (4ft). This allows you wedge the beeper between the seat and headrest have this sucker sitting less than 1ft from your ears!!!! Best part is when I am finished with my 1/4mile blasts I can put the beeper back where it would typically mount for street use. :headbang:

My hats off to Mr. John Spina and his wonderful company Casper's Electronics. I've heard other people say that they can't hear their Knock Alert at full throttle (ehh ehhhm Steve Wood), I suggest you give them a call and order yourself one of them 'Nasty Wendy Specials'.

Thanks again John. :headbang:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Try sticking between your ears. Might also serve to stop the rattle.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
:6: I installed mine it the sunvisor above my head. :6: Cut the threads, drilled a hole in the hard cardboard backing with a holesaw, mounted knock alarm with a little rtv glue, than ran wires out the metal swing arm hole (sewed seam back up) than ran the wires inside the side post.
Can't even tell it's in the car (no more $hit showing "ANYWHERE") and it's right above your "HEAD" each and every time it goes off. :D :D :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
I got mine 5 months ago and i dont trust it at all. I soldered all the wires but when I "test" it per the instructions it doesnt sound off. When i try to start my car for to long it beeps due to knock sensor going off. When i raced last time i detonated a little and it didnt go off.

:dunno:

Ralph

1 - 4 of 4 Posts