Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to reset my cam sensor after dealing with some hard starting issues on my new engine.
No matter where i turn the sensor, I get a constant light on the cap.
Is this normal?

I followed all the instructions, engine is at TDC on the compression stroke, timing mark at 0.
Any advice?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Many of us have reported the light did not go off, but, in my case, at least, it dims a bit...I could see it dim inside my shop.. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have a non-stock coil pack? If so, it might not work. I had the exact same issue with mine. After talking to John he told me to figure out exactly which coil pack I have then send it back so that they can configure the cap for it. Something like that anyway, I'm not a EE. Anyway, I just stuck my stock cap back on and still need to get around to sending the Caspers cap back.

·
Registered
529 Posts
We finally got to the bottom of the sensor cap problem...turns out the internal magnet is a bit too powerful, causing a "NO TURNOFF" light condition.

We will swap out the part if you send it to us. Oddly, they initially work but once they have been run, occasionally will act up.

Stupid magnets!

John

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
So you are the evil genius behind Magneto! :crazy: :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
John,

So if I send the one I have back do you need any info on the coilpack being used? Or was the magnet the only problem with the caps?

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts