Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been approached by the Director of the Carlisle GM Nationals to help promote the 2013 Event Carlisle GM Nationals - Collector Car Show and Swap Meet, Everything GM, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, Oldsmobile to help promote the Buick End of the Event. The Celebration Car will be the 35th anniversary of the turbo Buick family (since the first available turbo was 1978). The celebration will be open to any turbo Buick from 1978-1987, whether it be a GN, GNX, Turbo Regal, T-Type, etc. The Event is June 21-23rd 2013. They are in the process of setting the BPG up as an Official Car Group and I will post when that is done. This is not only open to Turbo Cars but all makes and models of Buick. This will be a great event to help promote the Buick Brand. The more cars that are registered under the BPG the bigger the Tent we get min 25 cars. You do not need to be a BPG member to attend. This is open to all Buick lovers not matter what club affiliation. I have already reached at to John Csordas from the Northeast GS GN Club and they are on board as well as Jim Chardrue from MAGNA and they will both help getting Buick's to attend...I will post more details as I get them,,,,please do not register now until the group registration is set up...

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I took my car this year so I wasn't going to take it next year. I guess that just changed. See you there.

Randy

·
Buick Turbo Performance
2,058 Posts
I'm in last time there was 2003 and had a blast.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
As this gets closer we'll set up a caravan up there from down this way somewhere. We'll post here and in the MAGNA e-mails everyone should be getting by now.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Carlisle always does nice shows... I would go

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Been going to this show for years as a spectator. Now I have something to enter this year :D.

·
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Group Registration is now open...this allows us the ability to all be parked together and if we get 25 car or more under the Buick Performance Group Carlisle provides us with a tent to hang out...

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
Group Registration is now open...this allows us the ability to all be parked together and if we get 25 car or more under the Buick Performance Group Carlisle provides us with a tent to hang out...
I might do like MOPAR Nationals, GM style: GN, 01 GS , 442

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
I was looking at the registration and they have a club selection and we're not in it. Also, they request club name, no abbreviations. It looks like they want the clubs to register. At the MOPAR event they give Club awards, so of if you want a big MAGNA and/or BPG presence, seems like we need to register (the club) first, get the proper naming and abbreviation wording squared away, and than register individually.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I might be into going to this.

As far as registration it says in the original post not to register until the group registraion is set up. So i'm guessing somebody will let us know when to register and under what club

·
Registered
34 Posts
I should be able to go

·
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Buick Performance Group is listed....you will need to have one of the MAGNA Reps fill out the online form if you want to set up MAGNA

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
48 minutes from here...

Chuck

·
Registered
239 Posts
It would be nice to have a GN presence at Carlisle. I gave up on the GM show there years ago as little to no turbo Buicks or parts. Would be nice to have all the TB vendors close all in the same row but sure this isn't possible as most have the same assigned spot every year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Count me in for this, I have been there every year since 2002 with my GN (I remember Ed in '03, he was a show winner but didn't come back on Sunday for the parade to the grandstand where the beauty contest winner gives you the trophy). It's really a 3 day event and your windshield sticker covers the car and two people for that period. Friday is a "get together day", Saturday is the judging day (used to be peer, now real judges) and Sunday is the award day. Winners lists are posted at 9:00 Sunday and if not there you can call to find out. Many people stay over, I always drove home and came back.
They have a new show director this year and it looks as though he is trying new and good ideas by contacting us as a group. Attendance has diminished every year and the GM event last in size compared to the Ford, Chrysler and Corvette shows.
The section for us was always called Buick/GN and T Type. There were never more than a dozen cars in the group and only a few regulars besides myself. This would be great if lots of us showed up.
Registration for the car and 2 people can be done on line or in person, cost is about $35 through May then jumps to $40 or $45.
Bob.
'87 GN. ... and Dennis Kirban's former personal 1994 Regal GS with 188,000 miles.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.