Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second time this happened, only this time I wasn't at home already. The first time after a hot drive (I assume car was real hot) I shut it off, I go to restart it a few minutes later and nothing, fuel pump primes and everything else but my starter doesn't move. I mess with the positive wire going to the starter and nothing. I go inside for a few hours and the car cools down, go to start it and it cranks right up, this was about a month ago by the way. Today it happened again but it hasn't started yet eventhough its been cooling off for a while. My question is what could it possibly be? Do I need a new starter, ign coil or something else? Any help urgently needed.

Thanks,
Erik
[email protected]

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
New starter.Mine would take ~45 minutes before the sucker would even think about turning over again.
Lift the hood and wait. dunno
Why not buy a mini starter off of the board and be done with it? headbang headbang :D
That's what's going on my Stage engine when it's done[I have a mini starter,and yes,the engine].

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just tried to start it again and guess what, it cranked right up, I will definatly be getting one of the mini starters tonight. By the way, what all is involved in changing it out?

Thanks,
Erik
[email protected]

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
All that is required I believe are a couple of bolts and an electrical connection. A real easy swap.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Someone at 1 point had made mention about dropping the x-over pipe down to get it out.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Disconnect the battery + cable first. :)

Main line from the battery goes to one large terminal.

All the fusible links go to the other smaller one.

Two bolts I think hold it up.

Dropping the crossover pipe does help.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
salvageV6:
Disconnect the battery + cable first. :)

Main line from the battery goes to one large terminal.

All the fusible links go to the other smaller one.

Two bolts I think hold it up.

Dropping the crossover pipe does help.
Salvage is right on the money.Be absolutely sure to disconnect the battery.
You *might* need to shim the starter.
When you try it the first time,listen for it to release easily after you release the key.
If it doesn't release easily,try a shim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts