Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Metro6ual
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally completed my new liquid intercooler. Before, I had used a Kenne Bell FMIC core and simply boxed around it with water coming in at the bottom lower corner and coming out the upper opposite side. I had air temps at the top of the run around 140. I got this core from Bell which is able to support over 1200hp (whatever). I just got the biggest one that would fit. Made the end tanks and air plenums in the garage then had a local weld it together. All the passages are very nicely blended (if I do say so myself :wink: ).

Rebuilt the motor. I had been living with a bent rod, warped head and bad roller lifter that had marked the cam. I milled off the wirelock grooves, decked the block and went with Cometics. Installed all coated bearings and new rings in it. Put in some (hopefully) stiffer pushrods, new springs and Comp Magnum roller lifters. I also put on new NON CAS valve covers, the ones on eBay for $80. (Check the pimpin' Moon oil breathers.)

I also did a minor job of raising the roof on the intake and completely ported it to within an inch of it's life. To completely straighten the intake ports walls, I broke through in (4) ports !!

Last winter, I built an anti roll bar for it and did some frame reinforcing. Then lastly, I finally painted the roll bar to quiet those who said it would rust out before I got around to it.

I am really hoping it all works together... If it does, I should pick up some good MPH. Come to Indy and see.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Those are some nice changes. Sorry to hear about the motor problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.