Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Gone and almost forgotten
1,042 Posts
Have you been turning it over and over ?

Maybe hook a timing light to one of the wires, and if it lights, then there is spark.

If there is spark then maybe pull a plug and if it looks dry then the injectors aren't firing.

look at the crank sensor and the cam sensor for any obivous damage or misalignment

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Have you done anything as simple as crawl under the car and look at the crank sensor to see if the bracket is broken?

·
1,042 Posts
I would think a good guess would be pointing to spark.

Try hooking up the timing light, if nothing (no spark) then:

-Cam sensor and/or Crank Sensor (ECM needs to see both to start)
-Connections from ECM to module/coilpack
-ECM itself

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
you said it is not turning over...do you mean nothing at all or it is turning over but just wont fire.

so i back tracked to the fact you changed your coil pack...check the connection on the ignition module to make sure a pin is not bent..and did you check to make sure you reconnected the coil pack wires up...and is the ECM power wire by the battery plugged in and are we sure all the plug wires are hooked back up right.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It turns over but it just wont fire. I will double check to see if any pins are bent. I am certain that the plug wires are on correctly. Im also certain that the wires are hooked up correctly underneath the coil pack.

·
1,042 Posts
While you are checking the cam sensor, take the cap off and see if the interruptor ring spins/changes position when you crank it over.

If not, then the timing chain or cam gear is suspect. Mark the position of the window on the Cam sensor and pull it out to check if the gear is OK.

If so, then maybe the timing chain.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.