Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Young Buick Enthusiast
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I give my car full throtle then let off fast it stalls out, but could a fuel leak cause it to stall? Because my fuel filter is leaking pretty bad from a rust whole.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
ummm yea how about you change the filter then come back when your cars not a fire hazard?????

:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Before anything, just change your fuel filter. It will take you 10 minutes and they cost a few bucks. Once that's out the way start diagnosing...

·
Registered
332 Posts
My guess is it's not the filter that's causing your stalling, but why are you driving around with leaking gas? Have you changed your torque convertor? Maybe we can figure this out for you. Brian

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Say it ain't so, Joe!

If the filter is old enuf to be rusted, then it is probably plugged up as well as being an immediate danger to you and anything near the car.

What converter is in the car? Assuming the iac is set correctly, the TC is the usual culprit if it is smaller in diameter than the original

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the same stalling problem. It was the o2 sensor. Driving with a leaking fuel filter?????? :dunno:

·
Young Buick Enthusiast
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As soon as it started leaking I parked it, and plus Im not wasting money for gas thats just going to leak out.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
why would you just park it- the damn filter cost 5$?!?!?!

·
Young Buick Enthusiast
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im doing a few other things to like brakes, new tires, and im going to detail the motor a little and clean a few things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts