Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey wassup. does anyone have sound or video images of their car that way i can hear how a GN or T-type sounds. also could i get the barely idling sound off a regal with a loopy cam and good stall converter? :confused: :confused: thanx

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
question....how fast should a turbo spool up on an 83 ttype cuz mine is sloooooooooow. how can u spool up a turbo? i just got this car and are learning how to drive it!!! please help!!

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
turbojim ur car sounds evil!!!! i love it. i hope when i get my 86 or 87 Gn i can make it sound like that. my 83 doesnt sound like that. the turbo spools up slow too. i dont like the sound of my car, it too quiet. it is flowmaster exhaust 2.5 inch. o well.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts

·
Carb/Turbo
1,615 Posts
83ttypeboi:
question....how fast should a turbo spool up on an 83 ttype cuz mine is sloooooooooow. how can u spool up a turbo? i just got this car and are learning how to drive it!!! please help!!
They are slow spoolers, but problems (like vacuum leaks) make it MUCH worse.

Try this: When stopped, push the brake and the gas til you see some ~ 0 vacuum/boost (you have a gauge right?), then let go - NO LAG! If this spins the tires, work on getting more traction. I can cut a 2.1x 60' time on an open rear and street tires. Not bad for a slow car. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts