Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my car back and it sounds like it's running on 5 cylinders. It's idle is very very rough and while driving when i let off the throttle the engine will not drop down and the car keeps going. When i tap the gas it idles down. WFT? I do feel it's something electronic in the car. I don't have a scan master or anything.

E

·
Registered
588 Posts
Its hard to work on these cars with out a scanmaster. Did the problem just start on its own? or have you had recent work on your car?

:)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Did ya change both if so make sure your grounds are on tight on pass side head.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Have you checked the for any malfunction codes at the test plug?

:)

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Make sure one of your injectors is not unplugged, and also check your ignition module, both of these caused my car to do the same exact thing

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've decided to buy a scan tool. Which one should I get? Do the scan master tools also help with codes?

thanks
E

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
scan master is for basic info it is a stand alone unit. direct scan or turbo link for more indepth but you need a lap top. did you talk to your shop...did you drive it home from the shop

·
15,681 Posts
ok searched some of your other posts is the chip and injectors matched now....did you check your crank sensor...cam sensor...saw you were looking for an AC delete pulley did you pinch a wire the wire loom runs right thru where you were messin....matbe I read in to this wrong "What I need is someone with the proper tools to diagnose my car." that is what "we" are trying to do but with very "limeted" information...from your post in this thread I got that it has been running this way since you got it back...guess I was wrong...the list of things that could be wrong are endless without a little more info

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
since i got it back it has been running this way. It was barely noticable but now it is very noticable. I'm just about ready to give up.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
EVIL said:
since i got it back it has been running this way. It was barely noticable but now it is very noticable. I'm just about ready to give up.
Know why you blew your Head Gaskets?? No way to monitor knock! You need a knock sensor at minimum & audible is better, plus the scanmaster to monitor & set the car's basic stuff. Then I bet then you find problem's much faster & dont blow more HG's to boot! Your problem can be so many things so get some basic tools for $300 These cars are in need of owners who can understand them some or they become Too Expensive! Just some basics & some reading & you will be fine but without tools Forget It! :yup:

·
15,681 Posts
you are running an oddball alky system http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49259
you have no scan tool. I dont mean to flame you but you have a receipe for destruction...if the car was getting worse from time you got it from the shop you should have taken it back...unless you did some WOT blast's which again with no scan tool or knock detector you are just looking for trouble...could be head gasket collapsed lifter broken spark plug ignition module bad plug wire vacum leak. maf,,,etc.there are a few good Buick guys up in MA maybe someone can lend you a scan tool...good luck :cheers: start with the basics make sure plugs are good wires are good all injectors are working allthe sensors are hooked up all grounds are good start from one point and work you way forward :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After the gaskets blew i have not used the alky system. I would like to bring my car to someone with the proper tools and knoledge that can get this running correctly. If there is someone in the MA, Ri, CN area that is capable of this it would be great. I'll give it one last shot before I rip her apart and whore her out on ebay.

E

·
15,681 Posts
EVIL said:
After the gaskets blew i have not used the alky system. I would like to bring my car to someone with the proper tools and knoledge that can get this running correctly. If there is someone in the MA, Ri, CN area that is capable of this it would be great. I'll give it one last shot before I rip her apart and whore her out on ebay.

E
check here http://www.turbobuicks.com/vendorlistings.asp I found a couple

·
Registered
948 Posts
you say .you just got it back from the shop, why not take it back to them? check your plug wires,make sure there on correctly. best bet though-is take it back.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts