Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You will be goin like 45 and the ca wil just die. Its not my car, but is it the MAF, or the IAC or somthin. It coded a 44 or somthin'. It was so long ago I can't remember. What could be causing this? Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
often the module...does the tach move when trying to restart the car after it does this?

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
not sure about the code but it sounds like a bad crank trigger.

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
i had half a tank of gas and when my fuse blew it was peged. replaced the fuse the car started,gauge showed half a tank. lol dunno wink joe

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, its not a gas thing. The car starts right back up. He just pops it into neutral and starts it up. I think it happens more it wet weather, if that helps????

·
Registered
95 Posts
My car wold do the same thing,I believe there was a code 44 involved had several other codes too.Anyway it came up the car was shutting off the fuel as it was reading the fuel temp to high.I ended up replacing the ECM.Hope this helps.Also I could put the car in nuetral and it would restart.

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Like steve and wendy, I'd look into a crank sensor or module myself

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Check your crank sensor.
I grenaded one in town had about 2,500 Rs heading down a main street and BAM Dead in the street.
Luckily, I had enough momentum to get her turned off on a side street.

Coincidently... It surged a couple times that day when I was driving along before she spewed magnet fragments all over the bottom of the engine.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for all of your info guys. We are still looking into the problem. The car is still running OK and it has been doing this for about a month. Thanks again guys! headbang

1 - 14 of 14 Posts