Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dr. Nehi
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still doing the troubleshooting on the studder on my car (latest is here) and have now crossed the computer off of the list.

Anyone have a spare chip for 72s that they'd be willing to lend out for a test to rule that out?

-Scott

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Have you checked the fuel injector harness to make sure there's no breaks or burns near the EGR valve?

·
Dr. Nehi
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gnetic86 said:
Have you checked the fuel injector harness to make sure there's no breaks or burns near the EGR valve?
Looked at this early on and the harness was old and worn in a few places. Replaced it with Casper's thicker injector wire harness with no effect.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
How bad is the stutter? Very noticable?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Have turbotweek burn you a $20 emission chip for the test, caution! use very little or no boost and watch for knock.

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Scott, I have my super special Carl Ijames emissions chip you can try.

-B

·
Dr. Nehi
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J Banning said:
Scott, I have my super special Carl Ijames emissions chip you can try.

-B
I'm afraid it would blow up by the time it got to 4500 rpm!!

I got a kind offer from a local club member to mail me two old-school chips for 72s and I'll give that a shot when I get them.

-Scott

p.s. You know MAGNA is a good club when Banning will chime in from Sweden to lend a helping hand!

·
Village Idiot
2,543 Posts
I have a chip (custom Lubrant) for 75# Delphi injectors. I could never get it to run right with my car. I keep as a spare in case my Extreme craps out on me. If you want to try it let me know.

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Yes, this message was typed from Sweden. I'm just sitting here cold maxing with a fine 7.8% Danish beer after a long day of mountain climbing by the sea and touring the coast line and islands by car :D

-Banning.

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
P.S. Scott, I might have an old ME chip in the garage. It would be in a cardboard box with the other chips, chip burner, and eraser.

If you have tried other chips though, I don't think that is your problem.

When can I drive or ride in the car??

-Banning.

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
J Banning said:
Yes, this message was typed from Sweden. I'm just sitting here cold maxing with a fine 7.8% Danish beer after a long day of mountain climbing by the sea and touring the coast line and islands by car :D

-Banning.
hehehe...sounds like a movie or something I once saw!!! :D :cheers:

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
I think I have a few more blanks and can throw something together for you. If you still are in need, let me know

·
Registered
66 Posts
Scott, the emissions chip should run just fine so long as you stay under a couple of psi boost. I can send you my normal 72 chip if you need it, or if I remember I can bring it Towson next Sunday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts