Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about the performance gain of a Pats converter...I know that Precision Industries vigilante converter claims some type of time reduction..what about Pats :dunno:

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I am sure it's going to depend on your combo so there really is no correct answer.

I've seen Vigilantes claims, like an ad in a magazine that states their converter will reduce ET .7, which I think was on a 3800 SC Car. Either their converter is really good, or the stock one was really bad, all relative I guess.

Will a Pat's converter shave almost .7 off a stock GN? Probably not but it will be quicker since it's lighter, more efficient and can be locked at WOT more than the stock one can.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Like he said, it's all about combination. If you have a turbo that requires 3600 rpm to spool well, and a converter that stalls at 2400, then, yes, big improvements can be gained...

If you have a converter that stalls at 3600, but, is not very efficient, you might gain a little with another converter, and you might not...

There are no magic parts...but, there are parts that act like magic when dropped into the right scenario. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts