Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I apologize in advance that none of Toady's issues are ever quick questions <sigh>.

After a year of owning it (last summer), the car started having some part-throttle surging/rough idle/hard starting. I kinda traced it down to the 150k injectors. So I bought a set of used greenstripes, mileage unknown. Major difference! The problems vanished and the car was screaming.

Now, a year later, the greens are doing the exact same thing. Since they were never cleaned prior to installation, could it be that they're also dirty or crapping out? Seems too coincidental to be that, but I don't want to overlook anything.

Thanks,

------------------
Rhett Lee
Had to leave Hawaii for Oregon, but now I have a Turbo Regal!
If only I could get it to run right...

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
sure, they can be a problem I had a set that were cleaned that gave a problem after a year.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UNGN, filter and pump were done about a year ago. Walbro 340. O2 sensor is also about a year old. AC Delco part. O2 crosscounts still look good, and the car's thrown no codes. I know I should do the fuel filter in any case, but haven't gotten to it yet.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
A little STP or BG injector cleaner in the tank every once in a while goes a long way to"It will tell you to use a bottle to a tank full"But I use a bottle to a 1/4 tank & run it down as close to empty as I can. After every 6 - 8 fillups"I have never had a injector problem on any of my cars.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fast86, thanks, I use cleaners once every few months, but I've been putting it in closer to empty and then filling. Prob. eliminates any advantages of pouring it in close to empty.

Steve, belated thanks for your reply. Gave me some peace of mind to know it wasn't just me. Where are my manners?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts