Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stock maf: i have both in and was wandering if i would be able to remove one or two too get less restriction?

<small>[ June 22, 2003, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: jay ]</small>

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
For a conventional chip, leave one screen in. For a chip designed for no screens (MaxEffort) that's ok too. powersix

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just ran it down the road ,with 1 screen and the pipe off it after the maf and i cut the exhaust pipe after the GUTTED CAT ,and it still is running way rich .when i start the car i can still see and smeel the fuel from the exit of the exhaust.the car idles pretty smooth and cruises great but,when i mash down the throttle pedal it stumbles really hard then it comes on but not real strong ."i'm shaking my head right now ,saying it must need a aftermarket chip for all that extra fuel the engine is seeing right now. frown

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yea when i drive it with the exhuse cut now ;i can here the turbo spooling up and down with the throttle .the turbo sound is very distinct/loud.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the screens are used to strighten out the air so the resitors the small wires that run up and down in the throat of the maf), can measure flow by the temp drop as the air passes over them removing the screenes distortes the flow over the resistores resulting in a false reading to the cpu this causes the rich problem you are now faced with.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have had the rich problem before i took 1 maf screen out ;i just took 1 screen out the other day just to see if i could lesson up the air flow restriction.i did not see any improvement though. powersix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts