Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having horrible vibrations from under the trunk area, so bad i cant even drive the thing. so i took a peek and it looked like one of my hose clamps on top of the pump was hitting the underside of the trunk. i dropped the tank just to move the clamp so it was out of the way, and the vibration is still there! nothing is hitting anywhere back there. question is, can a fuel pump vibrate and cause this? the car is not holding pressure after shutting the car off and from the diagnosis i used on gnttype.org it led to bad fuel pump check valve (not holding pressure) can this cause vibrating or am i missing something?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
so, does putting your hand on the fuel tank bottom allow you to feel the vibration? With the engine running, of course.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The fuel pump can be a little noisy. But it's hard to imagine one being so bad that you can't drive the car. Tailpipe hitting the rear springs would be much more likely.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can feel it from both the tank and through the trunk while running. definately not the exhaust, ive checked that many times since this has been happening

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
guess it's time for a new pump...:)

I had one so loud that I could not drive the car...but, I felt very little from it. It was only a few weeks old.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, it has to be the pump. I just didnt know they could make noises like that....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts