Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To set the Cam sensor I know it has to do with #1 cylinder, 25 degrees etc.
Can someone please explain in detail??
THANKS!!! :confused:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
From the Ol' Buzzard!

you move the crank to 25* ATDC on the compression stroke, THEN install the cam sensor. DO NOT install at TDC, and then rotate to 25*ATDC.. you will be 25* off as the sensor gear meshes w/ the cam at that point and turning the cap only makes a mess!!

Bring the engine to TDC on the compression stroke.. BOTH valves on #1 closed. Continue to rotate to 25* ATDC.
Look at the cam sensor gear. there's a dot on it near the bottom. Install the sensor w/ the dot facing the pass. fender and the wires in the cap are pointing towards the dr headlite. Once the gear meshes w/ the cam gear, you should be close to the sensor bottoming in the cover.[ A little "sneaky cream on the o'ring helps!!] If it's still up a bit and the gears are meshed,[you can't turn the sensor shaft], it's OK to bump the engine a bit to get the oil pump shaft to mesh into the bottom of the sensor gear.Once this is done, put the cap on, and hook up the indicator lite. Turn the sensor CLOCKWISE until the lite goes out, turn it COUNTER CLOCK until it just lites. I then continue CCW about 1/8 to 1/4" and lock it down. [Lite should still be on]

HTH,

<small>[ June 20, 2003, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS for the info!!
Greatly appreciatted!!!!!
David yup headbang

·
Registered
250 Posts
i also just put on a new cam sensor and i was not sure i put it on right i guess i didn't about that indicator lite what is and where is it locatted becasue i don't remeber seeing a lite when i installed mine or is that something you have to buy to itstall one?
-Tim

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I think Chuck was referring to the Casper's cam sensor setting tool.

There are instructions on gnttype.org for using a volt meter and setting the sensor.

Most important item is that you have to be 25 degs atdc on the compression stroke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts