Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Brisbon 87 GN
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
best priced vendor for these calipers?

and do you really think the money you spent on them was worth the difference in braking performance?

just some speculation before i buy a upgrade, and i dont want a ls1/ baer deal

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the SSB A181 calipers on both my cars...and IMO they make a big difference in stopping power over the stock OEM calipers...especially on my race car at over 130MPH...the only problem I ran into was some slight rubbing on my 87 GN...it has the original wheels and the top edges of the SSB calipers rubbed slightly so I fixed that with a little dremel work on the calipers...only had to shave a small amount off and you can't really tell where it was shaved...with the wheel/tire mounted you can see it at all...I got the kit from Summit...not sure what the "R" is in the part number you mentioned

·
Brisbon 87 GN
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i finally bought them, and the "R" stands for red lmao that was a 2 month delay

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
What's the price?

·
Brisbon 87 GN
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
400 shipped, the reds were like 475? dont quote me, powdercoated summit

·
Brisbon 87 GN
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one more question, my calipers came with no rubber seals on the pistons themselfs, is this normal for these style calipers? every oem caliper i change at my shop always have rubber expandable weather seals on the pistons?

·
Brisbon 87 GN
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hum turns out their internally sealed.. weird?

·
Growing my Mullet!
2,646 Posts
Ouch for $400 - I'd be tempted to just got with the s-blazer spindles/brakes. It's cheaper and you still get 4 piston calipers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts