Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to purchase a new bypass hose (S shaped) from the water pump to the intake. Do you know of anywhere I can find one?

·
Registered
6,105 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, just ordered one.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Funny thing is John's site says "none are available at any local Dealer or parts store" But GM has tons of them in stock still. Part #25525245 @ $16.94ea GM got smart and made it blue silcone because it's a bastard to get to and with the silcone you'll never replace it again. NAPA also sells it for about $16 bucks. Every hose on a GN is still available from GM and NAPA for that matter. I ordered a few sets to have around. :D :6:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just Cancelled order at John's and went with GM Parts.

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'll Never Need To Replace The S- hose Again!

PhillyTurboSix said:
Funny thing is John's site says "none are available at any local Dealer or parts store" But GM has tons of them in stock still. Part #25525245 @ $16.94ea GM got smart and made it blue silcone because it's a bastard to get to and with the silcone you'll never replace it again. NAPA also sells it for about $16 bucks. Every hose on a GN is still available from GM and NAPA for that matter. I ordered a few sets to have around. :D :6:
About 5/6 years ago I tapped and plugged the outlet of the waterpump houseing on the front cover and put a VDO temp. sender in the intake where the other end of the S-hose goes; than I drilled four 3/32" holes in the thermostat (new by-pass) and it has worked great and at the same time gets rid of two leak points and cleans up the engine's appearance to boot. :yup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts