Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a pair of rear bumper fillers from a on line
site. Not happy with what I recieved, made from plastic
each side is made of 2 parts glued together at the corners.
contour at the corners will not even come close to fitting
to rear fender and tail lamp assy. Would like to know if
anyone else has ran into this? Maybe there are some better
filler panel out there?

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have not come in contact with those. i can, however recommend the fiberglass ones you see in some of the g-body stores and on ebay. they need a little flexing to match your body lines perfectly when you install them but other than that they are very nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dyrt

Thanks For The Reply, I Have E-mailed The Supplier
Of The Filler Panels But Have Not Recieved Any
Feed Back From Them. I Kinda Expected No Reply
From This Guy. I Did Mount Them Up Tonight And
Did Some Cutting On The Corners, Will Have To Bend Them In About 20-30 Degrees And Redo The
Corners. You Would Think For $190 Bucks They
Would Fit And At Least Fit. I Expected Some Minor
Body Finishing But Not Fabricating.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Use a heat gun carefully to help mold them in to shape..please post a link to the item on ebay.. :yup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics

Here Is A Picture Of The Left Rr Corner, I've
Already Started To Make Some Adjustments And Have Cut The Back Side And Took A Pie Shape Cut
Out Of The Top Corner. I Hope The Picture Turns Out, Kinda New To This Forum Stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
hate to say this but you got majorly ripped off. right now there is a NOS set on ebay at 117.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987...003QQitemZ130003640333QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

and a buy it now NOS set for 145
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987...hZ019QQitemZ8060466247QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

good luck with the set you got. are they hard or soft plastic? i hope they are actually a material that can be painted because that is going to be an even bigger headache.

on a similar note, i bought a repo header panel from car parts.com. don't unless you are desperate. it took me over 20 hours to get it reasonably attached to the car and then a body guy did even more work and it still isn't right(though it will do) that is just the cost of repo and it's really unfortunate, but once you have it done you will be happy.

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
the two part bumper fillers are krap...I have painted 3 sets so far and they all need more epoxy on the reverse side to make it stronger and to fill some holes. one set was shipped and during shippong it actually seperated...so that had to be fixed and to get them to fit a lot of trimming had to be done...stick with fiberglass ones

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Just a thanks to the people that replied, seems the verdict
is the plastic fillers are lacking the quality and fit. I know that you take some chances when buying aftermarket stuff, but you would think as a business you would take
care of your customers. As of today I still have not heard
back from the seller and dont expect to hear from him. If any one would like to know the seller feel free to e-mail me
and I would be glad to let you know who not to buy from.
Thanks again. [email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fiberglass Fillers

Just Got Some Fillers For The Front Bumper Through Gbodyparts.com, There Great, Nice Parts
And Fit Good, The Fiberglass Ones Are The Way To Go And There Less Money. Dont Mess With The
Plastic Krap!)

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Grim
149 Posts
G-Body Parts Fiber Glass Fillers

I purchased the G-Body parts Fiberglass fillers for my wife's T-Type.

I was VERY VERY happy with the fit and quality of the fillers. I did NO grinding and they match the body lines better than the factory's by far.

If yours are shot..> Give G-Body parts a try! :D

~Scott

·
Registered
234 Posts
Anyone tried the fillers from GS-XTRA?
Conrad

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
Anyone tried the fillers from GS-XTRA?
Conrad
get the g-body parts ones the fiberglass...unless you are willing to pay the price for "true" nos ones any of the reproduction ones I have seen need some work and are in two parts as the originals were injection molded and no one is going to pay the $$$$ to reproduce those so they make them in 2 pieces and glue them together and they look like Krap

·
Missing 2 Cylinders???
1,150 Posts
Slot the holes, it took me several hrs to get my to fit nice. I was piss too at 1st but they look great now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts